TO ORDER, VISIT HTTP://XMAS.LOOKLONG.COM
Trivia: Early Look Long studio and office pictures, 2009. 1. Berlin, 2. Dublin, 3. The Berlin office!
This week’s listening:
1. Look Long #6
2. Look Long #7
3. The sounds of the sea
Hey Jude - A lesson for labels and artists who insist on LOUD mastering
We came across this on our close friend and well known Dublin mastering engineer Stephen Quinn’s Tumblr.
This week we have been listening to:
1. Flowers and Sea Creatures - A.M. (live session version) available for FREE from Buzzin’ Fly
2. Marcus De Sautoy - A brief History of Mathematics BBC Radio 4 podcast series available from BBC or iTunes
3. Jose Gonzalez - Veneer - Available on Peacefrog Records
Composure - Ambient Techno For Japan
CD compilation initiated and curated by the crew of Japan’s Labyrinth Festival to raise funds for Smiles & Dreams: The Tohoku Kids Project. The project cares for children who were orphaned in the 2011 disaster in Japan. Along with tracks by Sandwell District, Peter Van Hoesen, Donato Dozzy, Cobblestone Jazz and others, you will find the Donnacha Costello track Rebuild.
This appears on the Music For Your Legs label and can be found in Japan and at some international retailers. Distribution is by Disk Union.
This week we have been listening to…
1. Bob James - Touchdown
2. Joe Pass - University of Akron Concert
3. BBC Radio 4 - Four Thought Podcast
Donnacha Costello - Pleite Noch Einmal
We found this old DAT with an unreleased Pleite track. You’ll hear it soon!
Richard Skelton - Landings
If you’re in Dublin, you have a few more days to catch Richard Skelton’s installation at the Douglas Hyde Gallery. We’re going.
This week, the office/house/car sounds like:
1. Daniel Lanois - Here Is What Is
2. Danzig - Danzig
3. Mano Le Tough - Stories E.P. - Buzzin’ Fly (promo, on release in September)